Saturday, July 16, 2011

Why I Now Have A Blog

Obviously, this is my first post, and this is my first venture into the blogging world. Before now I had taken the stance of not needing or wanting a blog. (You can see my reasons here in an article I wrote for Associated Content called "Why I Don't Have a Blog". Pretty straight-forward title, huh?)

But I feel confident enough that with enough experience under my belt and armed with quite a bit of know-how that I can successfully run the blog, and hey, I have a little time to kill, so why not?

Reason Number 1 Why I Now Have a Blog: Practice Makes Perfect
The first reason a blog will be beneficial to me - and this is a golden rule in the world of freelance writing - is that it gives me an opportunity to practice, practice, practice my online writing.

Reason Number 2 Why I Now Have a Blog: Marketing
Publishing posts and maintaining a blog is just one more way to market my online articles and to gain a base of readers and fans. If I'm successful at this, it benefits me in my career as a writer.

Reason Number 3 Why I Now Have a Blog: Networking
Additionally, blogging lets me network with other bloggers, some of whom are probably avid writers. Writers, in my experience, always have other writers' backs. It's just how we work.

Reason Number 4 Why I Now Have a Blog: Profit
I have been told that blogs can make a person a nice bit of money. I don't quite know how to be successful with that just yet, but why not try if I'm going to blog anyway?

No comments: